Hello! Thank you so much for considering me to potentially review your novel! Before making your request via my contact form, please be sure to review this page to get a better understanding of my policy on requested book reviews!
What I Am Currently NOT Accepting:
- Non-Polished Works: I have been a beta reader for quite some time now, and I am not looking to read any more books for awhile that would have numerous consistency/grammatical errors that distract from the reading experience. Therefore, at this time, please do not send me books that have not been edited extensively.
- Non-Fiction: This isn’t a genre that is in my wheelhouse, nor it is something I particularly enjoying picking up in my free time to read. There are some great ones out there, but at this moment this genre is simply just not my cup of tea.
Genres I Typically Read:
- Young Adult:
- Paranormal (a little picky about these!)
- Contemporary Romance
- Historical Fiction
- New Adult/Adult:
- Romance (preferably sweet romance)
- Historical Fiction
- Chick Lit
Review Copy Forms I Accept:
- Physical copy (ARC, hardcover, or paperback)
- Digital copy (I have a Nook and will also accept PDF files)
Please Include When Submitting Your Request:
- A summary of what your book is about
- The release date
- The time frame you would prefer the review to be posted in (I will try to accommodate and work with you, but this is not always possible, as I am working and a full-time college student).
- Any other relevant information (including if you think there is anything in particular based on my previous blog content that made you think I would be a good fit for this role).
If I Accept Your Book:
As a full time student and employee, please understand that if I do accept reading your book, I may not read and review it immediately. While my intention is to always do this in a timely manner, sometimes life simply gets in the way.
After reading your book, I will write and post reviews to this blog, as well as on Amazon and Goodreads. I also have a bookstagram where I may decide to post a snippet of my review of your book, but this is at my discretion and not guaranteed.
If I am sent an ARC, I will have my review posted on or around its release date (give or take a day or two before or after the release date).
Some Additional Disclaimers:
Please take note that I have the right to not post a review of your book if I am not comfortable doing so.
Let’s face it: not everyone is going to love every book they read. Given that I created this blog with the purpose of sharing my honest thoughts on the books I read, I believe that it is my job to still post reviews for books I didn’t particularly enjoy. I am not one to trash anyone’s work, but I will not hesitate to explain issues that I had with a book in the review in a respectful manner. All this being said, if you are not comfortable receiving negative feedback, this blog and my review style may not be a good fit for you.